Amazon 4K TVs will operate on Fire TV OS, include Alexa voice remote
Amazon Fire TV will be built into three brands of 4K Ultra HD televisions to compete with Roku TVs.
The new Amazon 4K TVs will all come with the Alexa voice-controlled remote.
For cord cutters, the announcement means that Amazon is offering an integrated access to its streaming platform, over-the-air programming and bundles over the Internet channel bundles like PlayStation Vue.
“Smart TVs can be cumbersome and difficult to use,” Sung Choi, vice president of marketing for Tongfang Global said in a released statement. “Our new line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition represent an elevated customer experience powered by the highest performance processors in the industry, a unique voice-controlled remote control, and Amazon’s cinematic viewing experience. With Amazon Fire TV built in and a voice remote with Alexa, access to movies, videos, music, gaming, and more is simple, easy, and intuitive.”
Will OTA be a theme at CES?
The announcement was the second this week where a company offering a streaming service unveiled a new product with over-the-air TV integration. Dish Network also announced at CES its rollout of AirTV Player. The new streaming box for Sling TV and OTA channels.
Specs for Amazon 4K TVs (Fire Edition)
Seiki and Westinghouse demonstrated the new 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs with Amazon Fire TV for the first time in Las Vegas at CES 2017 Unveiled.
Seiki 4K Ultra HD TV was recently recognized with the ninth annual POPULAR MECHANICS’ Breakthrough Awards as one of the top ten products setting benchmarks in design and engineering today.
The new Fire TV Edition TVs are aimed at simplify viewing for customers by delivering a great selection of streaming and over-the-air content in one place, including access to more than 7,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills and live TV broadcasts when used with a separate HD antenna.
Key product highlights for all Seiki, Westinghouse and Element 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Fire TV Edition include:
- Screen Sizes: 43″, 50″, 55″ and 65″
- 4K Ultra HD 3,840 by 2,160 panel resolution on all models
- The latest Amazon Fire TV user interface, including easy access to over-the-air TV programming (separate HD antenna required), simple TV input setup, and component switching
- Through the included voice remote with Alexa, customers can search for content and programming, control TV inputs and settings, and access Alexa skills to play music, get the news, check weather, sports scores, and more
- Voice remote with Alexa enabled control of smart home devices from multiple brands, including Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue, Wink, Insteon, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, TP-Link, Ecobee and more
- Access to more than 7,000 channels, games, apps and Alexa skills, including over 300,000 TV episodes and movies from Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu and more
- Amazon Prime customers get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost to their membership. Plus, with Amazon Channels, Prime members can now get HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, and over 100 more services. They only pay for the channels they want—no cable required, no additional apps to download, and easy online cancellation.
- 3 GB memory and 16 GB internal storage
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet connectivity
- Streaming resolution at 4K Ultra HD (2160p), 1080p, 720p up to 60 fps
- One-year limited warranty and great customer support
When will Amazon 4K TVs go on sale?
The Seiki, Westinghouse and Element 4K Ultra HD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition models will be available later this year on Amazon.com and at authorized retailers nationwide. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price will be announced closer to retail availability.